Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I See the Light!

It's funny how I can watch things since moving to New York and they have new meaning. Take, for instance, Law and Order today (the original, because it's the best... although SVU is good too). Like many of the episodes, I had seen this one before. Detective Briscoe was banging on a suspect's door claiming he was there to check for a gas leak. When the guy opened the door he said, "You're not ConEd!" ConEdison is our local utilities company. Earlier in the episode, one of the characters was telling the police that the man of whom he was speaking was located in Williamsburg. They also spoke of going to Astoria to get some coffee. Now I know where all of these places are, and they're not far from us! It's fun to see the little things like that that tell me that we live here. I love these moments.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I see it too...

Anonymous said...

I don't see shit....unless I'm watching a Richard Linklater film.